How do I care for my power or reclining furniture?
- Our reclining furniture (power and non-power) requires little to no maintenance. Please check with your local Flexsteel retailer for more details on warranty and care.
How should I clean my Flexsteel fabric furniture?
- All fabrics in the Flexsteel line are classified for cleanability according to the American Home Furnishings Alliance (AHFA) cleanability code. We ship all our furniture with the corresponding cleanability code on the fabric page.
- All fabric types should be vacuumed and brushed frequently to remove dust. When possible, we recommend that your upholstered furniture be cleaned by experienced professional cleaners due to the highly toxic ingredients in some cleaning compounds.
Specific cleaning guidelines for each type of fabric code are listed below:
- W – Clean with water-based cleaning agents or water-based foam cleaning agents.
- S – Clean with pure solvents (petroleum distillate-based products may be used). Water-based or detergent-based cleaners may cause excessive shrinking. Water stains may become permanent and may be unable to remove with solvent cleaning agents.
- W/S – Clean with water-based cleaning agents, foam, or pure solvents (petroleum distillate-based products may be used).
- X – Clean only by vacuuming or light brushing to prevent accumulation of dust. Water-based foam or solvent-based cleaning agents of any kind may cause excessive shrinking or fading.
How should I clean my Flexsteel leather furniture?
- We recommend dusting your leather furniture weekly with a soft, clean cloth or vacuuming with a soft brush attachment.
Does Flexsteel furniture use fire-retardant chemicals in its foam?
- No, Flexsteel home furniture is free from fire-retardant chemicals.
Does Flexsteel Furniture contain Formaldehyde?
- No, all Flexsteel furniture is CARB (California Air Resources Board) compliant. Also, all our finishes are lead free.